Spool providers (for some reason) sell 3d printing filament in all sorts of spool diameters. This spool holder design solves that issue. Designed by me for a challenge in Thingiverse. I didn't win, but this thing works like a charm. Download -> Thingiverse Page
- work with majority of the spool in the market
- fully printable
- minimal parts and assembly
Problem and motivation:
- Internal, external diameter and height change from spool to spool.
- Three piece design. Easy to assembly and adjustable.
- Tear drop design allows for self locking.
- Minimal mass reduces printing times.
- Wide base guarantees stability.
- All parts can be printed in a single operation.